Kids say the darnest things
Kids are the best time pass in the world. I have two tiny cousins. A 5 year old ( called Nine, ) and her sister, an 8 year old ( called Ten). Nine is a brat, doesn't think, just does, isn't scared of anything, thinks she is still a two year old but is capable of bullying everyone in the world. Ten has grown up faster than she should, too mature for her age, gets beaten up by Nine but doesn't inflict the same wrath on Nine, health conscious, cracking jokes is second nature to her and is going to be the next Seinfield.
Having tiny cousins is both a boon and a bane. Good thing - You'll never get bored around them ( except if they discover the existence of something called the idiot box ) Bad thing - Your cannot hangout with them. You do not have even remotely similar interests . ( Instead I'm becoming more and more like them with each passing day :P Talking like them and also throwing tantrums like them.)
Here are some of the things they have said over the years that has given us stitches in the stomach multiple times. Just thinking about them is enough even years after they've been said it to make us grin like mad people anytime, anywhere
1. Nine's mom gave her a banana to eat which was slightly discolored from the outside. Nine's reaction : "Banana sathogide" ( Banana is dead ) Lol.
2. Nine said "Why have they cut-u the tree." No, the tree wasn't cut. She meant "Why have they kattu (tied in Kannada) the tree." The tree had ropes tied around it.
3. Nine wanted my Dad to play badminton with her. He was eating peanuts at the time and said he'll come after he's finished. Nine's reaction: "Give me some. I'll help you finish sooner."
4. Nine's kindergarten love story.
Nine : "Samva loves me but I don't like Samva. I love two people. I love Kush and I love Sriram." Ten:(closing her mouth with her hand) "Oooo!! you have boyfriends"
Me: " Do you talk to Samva?"
Nine: "Never Ever" - repeated 10 times ( Now Never Ever is the current hip phrase in the family)
5. Ten had come on a picnic with us when she was 3 years old and had to use the restroom. We were in the hills with no toilets in sight. Her demand: All of us have to accompany her if she has to go potty in the open. So all 5 of us sat there pretending to do as she demanded.
6. Ten when she was 2:(with a milk mustache) Naanu Bekku!! ( I am a cat)
7. Ten when she was 2: "Naanu Bhoota, Neenu Devva"
8. 2.5 year old Nine had just joined play school and she was narrating the story of how something bit her at school. Ten was in the queue waiting to narrate some other story. To hog the limelite Nine exaggerated and said "Alli kachi, illi kachi, ella kachi" (it bit her everywhere)
Good Job Nine and Ten. Keep us entertained forever. Cheers :)
Having tiny cousins is both a boon and a bane. Good thing - You'll never get bored around them ( except if they discover the existence of something called the idiot box ) Bad thing - Your cannot hangout with them. You do not have even remotely similar interests . ( Instead I'm becoming more and more like them with each passing day :P Talking like them and also throwing tantrums like them.)
Here are some of the things they have said over the years that has given us stitches in the stomach multiple times. Just thinking about them is enough even years after they've been said it to make us grin like mad people anytime, anywhere
1. Nine's mom gave her a banana to eat which was slightly discolored from the outside. Nine's reaction : "Banana sathogide" ( Banana is dead ) Lol.
2. Nine said "Why have they cut-u the tree." No, the tree wasn't cut. She meant "Why have they kattu (tied in Kannada) the tree." The tree had ropes tied around it.
3. Nine wanted my Dad to play badminton with her. He was eating peanuts at the time and said he'll come after he's finished. Nine's reaction: "Give me some. I'll help you finish sooner."
4. Nine's kindergarten love story.
Nine : "Samva loves me but I don't like Samva. I love two people. I love Kush and I love Sriram." Ten:(closing her mouth with her hand) "Oooo!! you have boyfriends"
Me: " Do you talk to Samva?"
Nine: "Never Ever" - repeated 10 times ( Now Never Ever is the current hip phrase in the family)
5. Ten had come on a picnic with us when she was 3 years old and had to use the restroom. We were in the hills with no toilets in sight. Her demand: All of us have to accompany her if she has to go potty in the open. So all 5 of us sat there pretending to do as she demanded.
6. Ten when she was 2:(with a milk mustache) Naanu Bekku!! ( I am a cat)
7. Ten when she was 2: "Naanu Bhoota, Neenu Devva"
8. 2.5 year old Nine had just joined play school and she was narrating the story of how something bit her at school. Ten was in the queue waiting to narrate some other story. To hog the limelite Nine exaggerated and said "Alli kachi, illi kachi, ella kachi" (it bit her everywhere)
Good Job Nine and Ten. Keep us entertained forever. Cheers :)
Awesome read! Enjoyed it totally. Love to Nine & Ten
ReplyDeleteIts Akhila btw
DeleteHaha Aki . Thanks :)
Delete