Techie Dreams

Lately I have been having a lot of technical dreams. Finding solution to a bug I've been trying to solve for two days in my sleep, realizing why a program I have been working on won't work when I wake up from a dream at 4 A.M in the morning, etc.

Today I had a particularly funny dream during my afternoon nap. It's a little gross but its too funny. I had to share it :).

I was wondering why I drool only during my afternoon naps. This is the reason my subconscious mind conjured up during the nap. My night sleep is a nicely written script in which the output of the drool command is redirected to /dev/null. But my afternoon nap consists of commands run on the command line and the drool command outputs to stdout causing me to drool.


I was really surprised that me of all people get such dreams. I have never considered myself a technical geek.


Lots of things get done in our dreams. My mom cooks entire meals in her dream. My brother finishes studying for an exam in his dream. It's so disappointing when you wake up and realize its not really done and you still have to cook, study, code.

So all you people keep sleeping and keep on dreaming :).

Comments

  1. nice one dee... :) i didnt know u were such a good writer... :) Next chethan bhagat

    -aki

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like your blog very much

    waiting for the next series..

    by the way .. what all type of dreams you see ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more Dream:
    Somebody told me latency to reach some servers I maintain is high.
    (I had a cold at the time of this dream )
    So I asked them
    "Are you breathing through your nose ? If yes, try breathing through your mouth. If there is no issue then the servers are fine ... it's a problem with your nose"
    :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your subconcious mind is a very good techie dee ;) read your blog today !! 2 years late :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kids say the darnest things

Valentine's Day